Hi guys and gals, ladies and chaps! June is here yay! To celebrate June’s arrival, I have decided to share one of my favourite summer recipes – crunchy Thai salad. It’s so good, the recipe takes almost no time to put together, and it’s fantastic for BBQs or potlucks!
You will need:
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (green cabbage, red cabbage, carrot mix)
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 chicken breast, grilled/baked then shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons peanuts, finely chopped
- Handfull of chopped fresh cilantro
Thai Peanut Dressing:
- 4 Tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 large lime (slice remaining 1/2 lime into wedges)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- salt and pepper
Put it all together:
- Add ingredients for the dressing into a bowl and whisk together to combine. Taste and adjust to taste.
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl (with enough room for mixing). Drizzle desired amount of dressing on top then toss well to combine. Serve with lime wedges.
That’s it! Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Also, if you don’t want to add chicken, you can sub that for tofu, cooked shrimp, or totally omit it! Hope you enjoy 🙂