Hello, chickpeas! Today I bring to you the Sweater Weather Tag. It has been around on YouTube for a few years, but for those of you who aren’t aware of what the Sweater Weather Tag is, let me explain: it’s a list of questions which ask about fall-themed favourites/preferences. I was not “tagged” by anyone to do this, but I would like to take part in it this year and talk about some fall-themed things. Thus, I have tagged myself! I am also going to unofficially tag all of you, my dear readers, to leave comments down below with answers to the some of the questions (or all, if you wish).
- Favourite fall candle scent: Marshmallow Fireside by Bath & Body Works. Close your eyes and imagine a snowy mountain. You’ve been walking for a while through the snow to your wood cabin and it is evening now, and you finally make it back. You walk in and you light a fire in the fireplace, make yourself some hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, and proceed to sink into the couch with a cozy blanket. That’s the best description of the scent that I can give you.
- Favourite fall beverage: I love tea all year round, so calling it a fall favourite specifically would be unfair. I will go with pumpkin spice white hot chocolate. The drink is just so darn tasty! I tried it once and it turned out so good – a perfect balance of sweet and spice and pumpkin goodness.
- Favourite/Best Fall Memory: This is a very hard one to choose, but I would say going to the nature park with my parents when I was little. My dad would make me little stick men out of twigs and acorns and I would carry them home and place them on the dinner table as a centrepiece.
- Favourite Fall Fragrance: Estee Lauder La Rouge Gloss. This perfume is perfect for fall because it’s a deep, bold, and very glamorous scent that is cozy and high-fashion at the same time. It’s a very difficult scent to describe, but I’m in love with it.
- Favourite Thanksgiving Food: Stuffing. I can’t get enough stuffing. I don’t know what it is, but stuffing with a little gravy is just the greatest part of a Thanksgiving meal.
- What Is Fall Weather Like Where You Live?: Rainy and grey, oftentimes chilly and windy. The air is usually crisp. We sometimes get a few days of sunshine but it’s always very cold on those days.
- Most Worn Sweater: I have recently given away all my old sweaters to charity and replaced those sweaters with several new ones. Thus, I cannot say which sweater is my most worn one anymore, but I can say that I anticipate one of my new ones being the most worn sweater. I will do a little sweater haul in the coming days and give this particular sweater a shout out.
- Favourite Fall Shoes: These booties. They are comfortable and easy to style and I can spray them to wear in the rain. They’re super.
- Favourite Halloween Costume Of All Time: Hmm. I haven’t celebrated Halloween in a number of years, but I once dressed up as Hermione Granger and it was just fantastic. This year, I hope to do something fun (not scary) for Halloween!
- Jeans or Leggings?: Leggings. Hands down the best thing for me is leggings – they can go with a lot of different styles, you can dress them up or down, and you can get warm leggings and thinner leggings. They’re just the most versatile for me.
- Favourite Fall TV Show/Movie: You’ve Got Mail. I have no idea why this movie has remained a must-watch every single fall, but it just never leaves my favourites list. A perfect feel-good movie for fall time. A runner-up is When Harry Met Sally – of course, another classic.
- Favourite Song To Get Into Fall Spirit?: Come Fly With Me by Frank Sinatra. A beautiful, upbeat song with the classic Frank Sinatra voice. It makes me happy and makes me think of running through the rainy streets and fallen leaves.
- Is Pumpkin Spice Worth The Hype?: I think it’s worth some of the hype. I love certain pumpkin spiced things like foods and drinks. However, I do not like to have pumpkin spice everything (soaps, body lotions, car fresheners, candles, body sprays etc.). So, the foods and beverages are definitely a hit with me, but the other miscellaneous pumpkin spice items are not worth the hype. It gets to be too much, in my opinion.
- Apple Picking or Pumpkin Patch Hay Rides: Pumpkin Patch Hay Rides. It’s incredibly fun and I love getting to take home a pumpkin I picked out. It’s a fun date idea, too, since it’s not something you do any other time of year and you can really get into the fall spirit together.
- Favourite Fall Accessory: Scarves. I love bundling in cozy scarves. I think that scarves make me feel ultra cozy no matter where I am – my balcony, a local farmer’s market, or simply walking around town.
There you have it guys and gals! My Sweater Weather Tag is complete for this year! Let me know if you and I have anything in common when it comes to autumnal preferences.
Thanks for stopping by,